The Public Procurement Guarantee Fund is an industrial and commercial public company created by Decree No. 67-98 on the 21st of February 1998, as part of the economic reform program initiated by the State to overcome the difficulties faced by economic operators benefiting from public procurement. Its mission is to facilitate the implementation of public works projects.
The Public Procurement Guarantee Fund is under the authority of the Ministry of Finance and supports legal and financial autonomy. The amended and supplemented Public Procurement Regulation Act contains all the provisions relating to the operation and functions of the Fund.
The Public Procurement Guarantee Fund is an instrument of State policy. Its tasks are to ensure a balance between the field and financial development of projects for public equipment. This is through
- Granting guarantees or guarantees in all their forms in order to facilitate the financial delivery of public transactions
- Accompanying institutions subject to Algerian law throughout the period of their participation in the completion of the public order, from the expression of their desire to complete the project until the liberalization of the guarantee or sponsorship
- Digitise all management processes
- Extending the Fund’s network on the national territory
- Becoming a public procurement information centre
- Launching an Islamic finance product, notably for loan guarantees